Lightweight & efficient, this is a great all-round chainsaw.
This is an ideal saw for general use on farms and estates, when cutting smaller timber and firewood.
Impressive performance from this efficient machine
A 40.9 cc engine with X-Torq technology means this machine is powerful yet efficient and lightweight. X-Torq provides improved torque while adding benefits in delivering lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emissions. With its bar length of 15 inches / 37 cm, the 440 is a capable saw perfect for general work.
A high quality machine that’s easy to look after
The Husqvarna 440 has a forged three-piece crankshaft that gives it maximum durability and allows it to cope comfortably with the toughest tasks. A centrifugal air cleaning system reduces wear and increases operating times between filter cleanings. The air filter is quick and easy to release, while having a visible fuel level (and a flip-up tank cap that’s easy to open and close) ensures keeping your machine running at its best couldn’t be simpler.
Easy & comfortable operation
Husqvarna’s LowVib technology uses anti-vibration dampeners to absorb vibrations and protect your arms and hands. This means you can work for longer without strain or fatigue. SmartStart and a fuel pump designed for easy starting ensures you can get the chainsaw up and running quickly and with minimal effort. The choke and stop controls are combined, to keep operation simple, while felling marks help you to achieve superior precision in your work.
- Weight (excl. cutting equipment): 4.5
- Cylinder displacement: 40.9
- Power output: 1.8
- Maximum power speed: 9000
- Fuel tank volume: 0.37
- Idling speed: 2900
- Spark plug: NGK BPMR7A, Champion RCJ7Y
- Electrode gap: 0.5
- Torque, max: 2.16
- Fuel consumption: 0.9
- Recommended bar length, max: 18
- Recommended bar length, min: 13
- Chain pitch: .325″
- Chain gauge: 0.05
- Chain speed at max power: 17.3
- Chain speed at 133% of maximum engine power speed: 23
- Oil tank volume: 0.25
- Oil pump type: Fixed flow
- Oil pump capacity: Max 13
- Oil pump capacity: Min 13
- Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA): 114
- Sound power level, measured: 112
- Sound pressure level at operator’s ear: 102
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front handle: 3.8
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) rear handle: 4.2